Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The Latest Mcdonald's Buzz : Huling El Bimbo Commercial

Just a few days ago, my former professor Ms. Aileen Apolo plurked about McDonalds' newest commercial, and just today, 5 of my friends in Multiply posted about the commercial too. What does this mean? yup! yup! yup! Mcdonald's Philippines has done it again!

Once again, they have produced a great commercial that has captured every Filipino's, or at least most Filipino's attention. The most capturing aspect of the commercial is the song Huling El Bimbo by The Eraserheads, and of course, the story of friendship and heartbreaking relationships. Mcdonald's always focuses on the idea that families, friends, lovers, and other groups of people from different walks of life go to Mcdonald's and experience memorable moments -- this may be a birthday, a get-together, a family lunch, a date, and in the case of the commercial, a relationship that was built in childhoold and a love that was strenthened but torn apart in adulthood = MEETING HIS FIRST LOVE AT McDONALDS. When I got to watch the commercial on YouTube, I was honestly teary-eyed! I even plurked about my reaction :

"Feeling ko may part 2 yan!!! Sana nagkatuluyan sila huhu!"
-my plurk reaction

I got so affected by the story line because it was about love that started off from childhood friendship. In addition, to make the Filipinos talk about it, they used the ever-so-famous-"Bigo"-ending of the nice, simple and humble guy being a little disappointed, and a little heart-broken for not having the girl for himself because he has loved her since they were kids, and she ended up with someone else.

Chorus of the Song Huling El Bimbo :
(I tried translating it haha bare with me)
"Magkahawak ang ating kamay
We were holding each others hands

At walang kamalaymalay
without even noticing

Na tinuruan mo ang puso ko
that you have taught my heart

Na umibig ng tunay"
how to love truly

So Freakin' Sweet Right?

Presenting!

the Newest, Cheeziest, McDonald's Commercial
"FIRST LOVE"





No comments:

Post a Comment